Thursday, July 9, 2009

Independance Day 2009

We had a BLAST for Independance Day this year! It started out on Saturday bright and early at 6:30. Which is the time I crawled out of bed. I only got a couple hours of sleep, because I was afraid that my alarm clock wouldn't go off! That and Bubba kept waking up again. Oh well, I woke up and Kaleigh, my dad, and I drove over to Davis High. Kaleigh and I were participating in the Kaysville's 5K Run. We have been training for it for weeks, and believed that we could do it! Although 2 days before the race, Kaleigh blew her knee, so we weren't sure if she was going to be able to run. We even tried convincing her NOT to run! But she said she would, so she ran. And she stayed with me! So we went over, stretched out and ran. Here is a picture of us before the race.

We were able to finish in 30 minutes and 47 seconds. I came in 112, and Kaleigh was 114 out of about 600 people. We were excited, as our goal was to be less than 34 minutes and not finish last! Here we are at the end of the race.

Then we went home to get ready for the parade. My mom and dad are leaders of the local CERT group, and were helping out, so Tanielle, Kaleigh, Curtis, Bubba and I sat on a blanket and watched the parade. Bubba loved the fire trucks, especially when the sirens would blare! He also liked the VW bugs, and the horses.

He loved laying on the tarp. He has a thing for blankets and pillows now, and it is SO cute!

Bubba had his picture taken with this clown last year. He gave the clown funny looks then, but now he won't even LOOK at the clown. His way of saying "I don't want anything to do with you!"

Here I tried to take a picture of the two of us. I think he was trying to shove some candy in his mouth while he had the chance. Haha

Here he is on my shoulders, with candy in each hand. Once he figured out that candy came from the vehicles driving by, he would watch all of them and point to his candy. :-)


This is what Bubba knows how to do. He LOVES phones. And knows how to use them! Haha
And this is how he would watch the parade. Slouched down in the folding chair. He sat here for a good portion of it, sucking on his squirt bottle.

After the parade, we went home and took a NAP! Sam was able to come home after work so that he could go to the fireworks with us! Yay!! We had a BBQ with Jackie and Brandon, and then headed over to the fireworks. They were fun and gorgeous! Bubba didn't get scared like we thought he would. He just layed and watched them with us. He would point and "oo" and "ahh", and then clap during them. He also made sure he snuggled everyone there. He would lay with us, then go to Tanielle, then back to Jackie, and Kaleigh, and Curtis. So he made sure he got everyone in.
We thoroughly enjoyed our Independance Day, and are very thankful to my brother Chris for serving in the Army, so we can enjoy the freedom that we do. Thank you Chris!! We love you!

No comments: