Monday, July 20, 2009

7 Years

I honestly can NOT believe that Sam and I have been married for 7 years. It does NOT seem like it has been that long! Although, sometimes I think that it hasn't been that long, and other times it feels like it has been A LOT longer!! Haha.

I can't believe that I have been married to Sam for more than a quarter of my life. Does that sound scary to you? It kind of does to me..
But then, I listen to his voice, or I look in his face, and I can't explain how much I love him. He completes me. He has been there for me through thick and thin. When I need someone to just sit and hold me, he will do it.
We have been through a LOT over the last 7 years. Struggling with infertility, miscarriages, treatments, adoption, and just trying to keep ourselves a float. I faltered SO many times, and wondered what the point of everything was. Sam was always there picking me back up, and holding on to me. I look back on it, and I wouldn't want to go through it with anyone else. He is my one, my all, my everything.
We were married at 1:00 in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. We had a breakfast before that at Sam's uncles house. Our reception was then held at my Grandma Carter's house in her backyard. I loved it. I would put pictures up of our wedding, but they are on film...and they are in storage..so that will have to wait.
As every year goes by, I realize that I love Sam more and more. He is my rock when I feel like being washed away. I'm not going to lie and say that we have had a perfect marriage, because we haven't. We've fought, we've struggled, he's slept on the couch, and I've given the silent treatment. We aren't perfect. But we are striving for it.
Sam, I love you SO much. I can't believe that I have you for Eternity, and I can't wait. You may not be perfect, but you are perfect for me. Thank you for being there for me. LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You guys are cute! Congratulations! :) (And I love your hair in those last two pictures!)

Alicia W. said...

Happy anniversary!