Thursday, December 25, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Seriously. I thought Sam was bad when he was sick, but I was soon to find out how wrong I was. And it isn't necessarily that he is bad..it's just HARD to do ANYTHING! Let's start with yesterday morning. He woke up and Sam took him out of our room so I could attempt to sleep some more. I come out a little bit later, and find that Bubba has thrown up a couple of times. Well, I sit and hold him and snuggle him and he throws up on me. Ok..let's check him over. No fever, he is still happy and smiling and crawling around. Ok, not bad. He went down for a nap a short time later. He wakes up and we try just a little bit of water to see if his stomach can handle it. He hasn't even finished the bottle of water (4 ounces) and it all comes back up. Great.
Ok, check him over again...Still no fever, still color in his face, still smiling and crawling around. Ok, he seems ok. About an hour later..here come the runs. Poor little guy can't keep ANYTHING in him! We wait a little bit and try water again. This time he was able to keep it down! YAY! Wait a little bit longer and we try some formula. He keeps this down too! So we feed him some more formula, because he must be starving. He keeps it down, and he goes down for the night. Ahh..he must be over it, it must of been a little 24 hour bug or something.
1:30am rolls around and I head back to bed (hey, don't be hatin') Bubba wakes up and wants nothing but to be held. So I try to snuggle him in bed, he just keeps moving around. So I come out to the family room and try rocking him. I get him to sleep and he is restless again. So, about 4:00am I head back to bed. Lay him in his crib, and he goes to sleep. Great! He wakes up again about 8:00. I pull him into bed with me and he snuggles right in against me and falls back asleep. Again wakes up about 9 and Sam takes him out again. I come out a little later to find out that he threw up all over Kasia. Poor little didn't know what hit her!
Great. So we are back to square one. So all day today, he hasn't wanted to play as much. He just wants to be held. If we put him down for anything, he will whine, follow us around and give us the saddest face. Until we are compelled to pick him up again. Not that I mind. I love holding him and snuggling him. But he doesn't want to snuggle. He just wants to sit in your arms and then change positions a million times every minute. And I'm not lying. Ok, so maybe it was only like 100 times every minute. But I don't exaggerate! Ok, so it's more like 5 times a minute. But still...
So anyway...he has been able to keep his bottle down that he ate a couple of hours ago. We will have to see how the rest of the night and tomorrow goes.
Oh, and to end this post, I will state that we got 5-6 inches of snow yesterday! So, now it is FREEZING cold outside, and I want to go on a vacation...to somewhere warm....
And I might just make Bubba make the reservations, since he looks like he knows how to use a computer. :-) Yes I let him sit in Sam's computer, No I didn't move him, Yes I took his picture. Haha, take that!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
I guess I should let you know that we survived Thanksgiving! We went up and stayed with my grandparents, and then had Thanksgiving dinner with Sam's family. And can you believe that their turkey was done at 9:00 IN THE MORNING?! Needless to say, despite us trying to convince them to cook it later, they didn't and we had cold turkey for dinner! But the company was good, and so that is what counts! Melanie made some of the BEST pumpkin pie ever! (sorry...my mom's still tops it) And luckily we got to go back up to my grandparents and have some of that pumpkin pie also! Yummy! So that was our Thanksgiving. Thank you to EVERYONE who made it fun for us!
I am very excited for this month! First off, Aaron and Mell left on their Cruise today. (Of which I am INSANELY jealous of, but oh well :-)) And will be gone for the next week. The week after that, we have my brother's birthday, and we have a visitor to come and join us! That is right, Crystal is going to make the trip from Oregon to spend a few days with us! We are excited that she will be able to participate in some of our Christmas traditions with us! This is also the first year that we have someone other than the two of us! We are almost all done with our Christmas shopping (yay!!) and are excited to show Bubba everything that we enjoy! Sometime towards the middle of the month Chris gets to come home for a short time! Yay!! So that will be exciting. Then there is Christmas, of which we will be spending at my parents house this year. We are going to do the whole shabang with my family and I can not tell you how EXCITED I am for that! Then the next week is New Year's of which we haven't decided what to do yet.
Also in that time, I have a couple of groups to meet up with! My very good friend Michelle will be coming up for a visit from Texas, and we are going to try to get together! I will get to see her little baby! (Who apparently isn't as little as I think he is!) And another group of ladies who are close to my heart are meeting also in that time. Not to mention I have Bubba's 9 month appointment this month, and I have to finish getting Christmas gifts for everyone else! Yikes! Busy month!
But I thought that I would make a post about some of my FAVORITE things from Christmas:
- I love staying with my family and going out and looking at the lights, reading the Christmas story, and singing Christmas songs, on Christmas Eve.
- There is always an elf that finds his way to our house on Christmas Eve and that is the 1 present we can open on Christmas Eve.
- Waking up early in the morning, (this grew later and later as we grew older) and get ALL the kids together and then go in and try to wake up mom and dad, and convince them that we HAVE to go downstairs!
- Doing everything we could to wake them up! And then finally getting them awake and then lining up to go downstairs.
- Having Christmas breakfast. Which was always waffles with strawberry and whip cream, sausage/bacon, eggs. Yum.
There are so many things that I love! This is just a handful over a coupel of days, but really there are traditions all month long. And they are all things that I hope to continue in my family for years to come!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Well...that TV now a days would sell for probably 50 bucks. Even though it is still a NICE TV! And there were a few things I was tempted to go out and buy! I really wanted the 69$ IPOD Nano that they were selling at RCWilley, and yesterday we were debating about going and standing in line to do it...We would have to get in line EARLY, because they only had 45 per store, and at that price, they were going to go FAST! So up until 10 o'clock last night I was debating about joining Mell in Orem to wait outside the store. Be amid the crowd, the excitment, the adrenaline, EVERYTHING. Course, I had no money to spend, it would just be exciting!
Yeah...didn't happen. I went to sleep, had a rough night, and just said forget about it! Alas, Mell must have thought the same thing, because she didn't go either. And after hearing what happened to my Sister in law...I am kind of GLAD!
Alas...Black Friday is over. I will wait for it to come next year, and hopefully I will be better prepared for it. But in the meantime...bring on CYBER MONDAY! :-)
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
This year we are heading up to Sam's parent's house for Thanksgiving. My family is also going up to spend it with my grandparents, so I will most likely spend part of the day with them. I always LOVE Thanksgiving meal, and I am excited for it! Yay!
We have a lot to be thankful for this year! Here are a few of the things I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for Crystal and the wonderful gift she gave to us.
- I am thankful for Bubba and perfect gift he is.
- Sam, I am grateful for him and his support and love
- I am thankful for Aaron and Mell for letting us live with them!
- I am thankful for my parents, and the sacrifices that they make to make sure we all turn out ok.
- I am grateful for Sam's parents for raising my hubby.
- I am thankful for doctors and medical advances.
- I am grateful for a full nights sleep
- I am thankful for The Gospel and what it is in my life.
- I am grateful for friends who are always there to talk to.
- I am thankful for the wonderful gift of adoption, and the miracle that it is.
Those are just a few. My heart is SO full of things to be thankful for this year. So Thank You to everyone out there.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
So I made this poster out of some of the images that were taken. I really like it! It prints out as an 8x12..so I will have to find one that prints out differently. But I really like it and thought that I would share! I am trying to find more things that I can offer to my photography clients. We will have to see how it goes!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- He LOVES his blanket still, every time I pull it out, he just grabs a hold of it and smiles
- He enjoys rice cereal, oatmeal, pears are his favorite fruit, and he loves green beans still. We are still progressing with foods, and he is doing a LOT better with swallowing and trying to chew. SO he has little puffs like cherios that he likes.
- He still takes 2 naps a day, and usually wakes up once at night.
- He crawls up stairs, and they are the FIRST place he will go to! He loves to explore.
- He is learning how to wave Buh bye. It is SO cute! He uses his whole arm pretty much, and he especially loves to wave to grandpa.
- He is starting to realize when people leave the room and will cry if Sam or I leave.
- He enjoys playing with his cousins! He is getting to know DK more and they have fun playing together
- He enjoys apple juice, and he is getting used to a sippy cup! At least he knows how it is SUPPOSED to work.
- He doesn't really like his pacifier, he usually just bites it and plays with it.
- He is starting to show the signs of being mobile. He falls after trying to stand on his own, and usually ends up with a bump or bruise somewhere! This breaks my heart! But there isn't much I can do about it!!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
My nephew DK was there, and he wanted in on the action! He kept coming and standing in front of me, it was so funny! We also got some pictures of them together and such, so I will have to post those sometime!
P.S. Sorry they are so dark, it was like 8 or 9 at night when I took them, so NO light from outside!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
November is National Adoption Month, and I can't tell you how important this is in my life. As most of you know, we were able to grow our family through adoption. I thank God every day for our birthmother, and the sacrifice that she made. She is an AMAZING woman, someone who I admire. She is caring, always thinking about others, and she has overcome SO many things to become who she is today. She is a very loved woman, and I can not express how remarkable she is for allowing Sam and I to be parents. Without her, our world would not be complete. Bubba is the joy of our life, and I can honestly say that I do not know where I would be without him. So, Crystal, I know you get sick of me being sappy (lol) and thanking you all the time, but I can't help it. Bubba is extremely lucky to have the love of 2 mothers, and so thank you, from the bottom of our hearts and beyond!
So, I am not sure what else to do to show my support for National Adoption month, other than to post here how amazing it is, and to wear the white ribbon in support.
It has been a long hard road for us, and I wish I could share my story with more people, so if you have any questions on our adoption process, or anything, please post it, and I will see if I can do my best to answer it! Or, if you have had experiences with adoption, you can e-mail them to me, or you can post them in the comments and we can share those too!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
He was tired and so he wasn't smiling much! Once we got him, I laid him down and he was out so fast!
Alright, now onto Halloween! This is what I was. If you can't tell, I am a dead prom queen. My throat has been cute open, and I am supposed to look dead....