Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stairs...

Ok, so I don't have any pcitures of this, and I will try to get video of it so I can post video. My parents house has a small flight of about 5 stairs leading from their family room to their kitchen. We were out there a couple of weeks ago, and since Bubba is trying to stand up against everything, and walk along everything, he stood up to the stairs. We were just kind of watching him to make sure he didn't fall down, and he crawled up 1 stair. AWESOME! So we try to persuade him to keep going, and he wouldn't. So we thought we still had a while before he would actually be crawling up stairs. Thinking that it was a fluke thing that he crawled up one stair.
Well we were back out there last night, and again Bubba finds his way to the stairs. He stands up by them, and I was busy doing something, thinking he would be ok, I turn around and he has crawled up a stair. So I go and sit behind him just in case he falls, and he proceeds to crawl up all 5 stairs to the top. And then giggles because he thinks he is so funny doing it.

Well..thinking that he won't do it again, we put him at the bottom again, and he crawls up the stairs again. Only this time faster! What is this?! My little man has figured out stairs?! I am going to need a gate a LOT sooner than I thought!

We are headed back out there tomorrow night, so I might be able to get a video of it and post that. Silly boy is growing up too fast. And I want him to stop so I can enjoy the littleness of him longer! He is standing up against everything, walking along the edge of things (like a couch, and such) climbing over things, crawling, he tries to stand on his own without holding on to everything. He is getting so big! He wears 18 month onsies and shirts, and 12 month pants (which will probably be too small in not too long). And he has the CUTEST smile! It makes my heart melt. And he is still a very happy baby (unless he is tired, or mad at something) and smiles at everything. He is starting to get a little shy, and will hide his head if he doesn't recognize someone. He is adorable, and so here are a couple of pictures of him lately. See how big?
I love the jammies he is wearing in this picture. They have trains and everything in them. He has to wear 18-24 month in the footed jammies, and so we are resorting more to this kind for now...
So, I decided that I need to take more pictures of my little man...So I will work on that, and also on posting more. We will see how it goes!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

SO CUTE! Man, they sure do grow up fast. I know that I and everyone else ALWAYS says that, but it is so true! When you think just a few months ago he didn't even really exist and then when he first came home, he could barely move around and NOW he is pulling himself around and crawling. It's just incredible.

I love the stories and pictures. KEEP THEM COMING!!! :)

Michelle said...

Nathan discovered stairs at my IL's house. We had no idea he would know what to do so when he followed grandpa (crawling of course) to the stairs we thought that once grandpa started to go up he would loose interest, but no, Nathan proceeded to crawl right on up the stairs. It's amazing what they can do even when they are so little. Now Nathan, being much older, is learning how to actually walk up the stairs.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

:) Good job with the stairs big boy!

Alicia W. said...

Watch out! From 6 months to about 3 years they change constantly! It is sooo much fun, but it goes sooo fast. Keep that camera available!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He is such a cute baby!!

Melanie said...

What! Stairs!? Bubba! Quit growing up without me!!! Hey, I think I recognize that messy living room...ha ha ha. Love you guys! Missy you!