Now that Bubba has turned 1, it is like bedtime and naptime are the worst parts of the day! He does NOT like going down for a nap, or for bed. He will be SOOOO tired, and just not give in. Unfortunately we have gotten him used to being rocked to sleep the last couple of month. So, we are trying to get him into a bedtime, naptime routine again. We had him in one a few months ago and it was great! But now having to RE-train him, is HARD! He cries, and it just breaks my heart. I am told that it will only be like this for a few nights, and then he will be better. So, our routine is like this:
- He gets dinner, and then time to play. This is soft play though, nothing too rough.
- He then gets a bath.
- We then lotion him, put him in his pajamas and he gets his bedtime bottle.
- After his bottle, we rock him through a couple of songs that we sing to him.
- We then lay him in his bed and leave the room.
- If after a while, he still isn't asleep, we will check on him, make sure he is clean and put him back.
Let's hope this works. I really need to get him into a routine. It will hopefully make both of our lives easier. Haha. So that is what we are going through right now. We did it last night, and it didn't work too well. He was also up at about 3 or 4 this morning, wanting to play around. So it was hard to try and get him BACK to sleep then as well! I will keep you updated.
Still trying to figure out the picture thing...it isn't letting me upload them. Grrrr.....