Friday, March 27, 2009

One year ago today..

Another "year ago today" post!

A year ago today we had placement. This is where we met with Crystal in the hospital and we signed all the papers, and Bubba got to come home with us. So, Bubba has officially been with us for a year now. Wow. I remember it like it was yesterday! We were SO excited! We walked into the hospital, met with the caseworker, and took our carseat to be tested out and fitted to Bubba. Walked back and put Bubba in the carseat. We then left him in the good arms of Crystal and family, and we went down to a room to wait. We waited for them to say goodbyes. Crystal brought him down. She was in a lot of pain due to isses that we would find out later. So we said quick goodbyes and thank yous, took some pictures, and then she went back up to her room to rest. We finished the papers and walked out of the hospital with Bubba in our arms. I can NOT explain the feeling that we felt taking him out of the hospital! Knowing that he was ours to take care of, was an amazing feeling. I couldn't believe it!
Here is Bubba in his car seat ready to leave the hospital!
Here I am with him on his first day with us.
Here is Sam. He was SOOOO little!!

We took him back to Michael and Mandy's house and waited for the interstate compact to go through so we could officially come home!

Wow...I can't believe it's been a year.
I would add more pictures, but my computer isn't letting me. So these ones will have to do!

3 comments:

Lyman Family said...

Wow, that year went by fast! He's so cute. Placement day is so hard to describe, isn't it? What a little miracle he is! Happy birthday!

Crystal said...

Wow hard to believe. I know I have said it over and over again. Thank u for giving him a good home and all the love he needs!

mandy_moo said...

Hey, look, I can see my house!!! LOL