Sunday, March 22, 2009

1 year ago today...

I can not help but think about how our life was a year ago and how quickly it was going to change! One year ago right now, we were arriving in Portland, OR after driving ALL day Saturday. We were getting set up at our wonderful cousin's house and enjoying the time we spent together. We were SOOO full of excitement, and everything just waiting for Sunday morning, that we could barely sleep. We couldn't wipe the smiles off of our faces either. We were trying to figure out what we could do to keep ourselves busy.
Here we are on our drive up... and some of what we saw.


In 16 1/2 hours, Bubba turns 1. I can't believe it. I will try to post some more pictures tomorrow and over the next couple of days remembering what it was like a year ago. Thanks for sticking around for the ride. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara I can't belive it has been a year! I hope you have a fun birthday with your sweet Bubba!

Michelle said...

Wow. I can't believe it has been a year! I still remember how anxious I felt for you and how excited. I get warm fuzzies just reading this post. Bubba is such a gift and definitely meant to be part of your family! :D

Alicia W. said...

I remember being so excited for you guys...and I still am! 1 year is so fun! It was fun to see you guys the other day...now the weather is getting nicer I am hoping to make more frequent trips northward. We'll have to plan some fun!

Curtis & Elise said...

Wow, beautiful greenery behind you two in that first picture. Crazy that our boys are one now! By the way, which sister of yours is getting married?

Anonymous said...

That really did just fly on by. I am so happy for your cute little family!