Friday, November 28, 2008
Well...that TV now a days would sell for probably 50 bucks. Even though it is still a NICE TV! And there were a few things I was tempted to go out and buy! I really wanted the 69$ IPOD Nano that they were selling at RCWilley, and yesterday we were debating about going and standing in line to do it...We would have to get in line EARLY, because they only had 45 per store, and at that price, they were going to go FAST! So up until 10 o'clock last night I was debating about joining Mell in Orem to wait outside the store. Be amid the crowd, the excitment, the adrenaline, EVERYTHING. Course, I had no money to spend, it would just be exciting!
Yeah...didn't happen. I went to sleep, had a rough night, and just said forget about it! Alas, Mell must have thought the same thing, because she didn't go either. And after hearing what happened to my Sister in law...I am kind of GLAD!
Alas...Black Friday is over. I will wait for it to come next year, and hopefully I will be better prepared for it. But in the meantime...bring on CYBER MONDAY! :-)
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
This year we are heading up to Sam's parent's house for Thanksgiving. My family is also going up to spend it with my grandparents, so I will most likely spend part of the day with them. I always LOVE Thanksgiving meal, and I am excited for it! Yay!
We have a lot to be thankful for this year! Here are a few of the things I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for Crystal and the wonderful gift she gave to us.
- I am thankful for Bubba and perfect gift he is.
- Sam, I am grateful for him and his support and love
- I am thankful for Aaron and Mell for letting us live with them!
- I am thankful for my parents, and the sacrifices that they make to make sure we all turn out ok.
- I am grateful for Sam's parents for raising my hubby.
- I am thankful for doctors and medical advances.
- I am grateful for a full nights sleep
- I am thankful for The Gospel and what it is in my life.
- I am grateful for friends who are always there to talk to.
- I am thankful for the wonderful gift of adoption, and the miracle that it is.
Those are just a few. My heart is SO full of things to be thankful for this year. So Thank You to everyone out there.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
So I made this poster out of some of the images that were taken. I really like it! It prints out as an 8x12..so I will have to find one that prints out differently. But I really like it and thought that I would share! I am trying to find more things that I can offer to my photography clients. We will have to see how it goes!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- He LOVES his blanket still, every time I pull it out, he just grabs a hold of it and smiles
- He enjoys rice cereal, oatmeal, pears are his favorite fruit, and he loves green beans still. We are still progressing with foods, and he is doing a LOT better with swallowing and trying to chew. SO he has little puffs like cherios that he likes.
- He still takes 2 naps a day, and usually wakes up once at night.
- He crawls up stairs, and they are the FIRST place he will go to! He loves to explore.
- He is learning how to wave Buh bye. It is SO cute! He uses his whole arm pretty much, and he especially loves to wave to grandpa.
- He is starting to realize when people leave the room and will cry if Sam or I leave.
- He enjoys playing with his cousins! He is getting to know DK more and they have fun playing together
- He enjoys apple juice, and he is getting used to a sippy cup! At least he knows how it is SUPPOSED to work.
- He doesn't really like his pacifier, he usually just bites it and plays with it.
- He is starting to show the signs of being mobile. He falls after trying to stand on his own, and usually ends up with a bump or bruise somewhere! This breaks my heart! But there isn't much I can do about it!!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
My nephew DK was there, and he wanted in on the action! He kept coming and standing in front of me, it was so funny! We also got some pictures of them together and such, so I will have to post those sometime!
P.S. Sorry they are so dark, it was like 8 or 9 at night when I took them, so NO light from outside!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
November is National Adoption Month, and I can't tell you how important this is in my life. As most of you know, we were able to grow our family through adoption. I thank God every day for our birthmother, and the sacrifice that she made. She is an AMAZING woman, someone who I admire. She is caring, always thinking about others, and she has overcome SO many things to become who she is today. She is a very loved woman, and I can not express how remarkable she is for allowing Sam and I to be parents. Without her, our world would not be complete. Bubba is the joy of our life, and I can honestly say that I do not know where I would be without him. So, Crystal, I know you get sick of me being sappy (lol) and thanking you all the time, but I can't help it. Bubba is extremely lucky to have the love of 2 mothers, and so thank you, from the bottom of our hearts and beyond!
So, I am not sure what else to do to show my support for National Adoption month, other than to post here how amazing it is, and to wear the white ribbon in support.
It has been a long hard road for us, and I wish I could share my story with more people, so if you have any questions on our adoption process, or anything, please post it, and I will see if I can do my best to answer it! Or, if you have had experiences with adoption, you can e-mail them to me, or you can post them in the comments and we can share those too!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
He was tired and so he wasn't smiling much! Once we got him, I laid him down and he was out so fast!
Alright, now onto Halloween! This is what I was. If you can't tell, I am a dead prom queen. My throat has been cute open, and I am supposed to look dead....