Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sewing Project

Ok, I admit it, I am NOT a housekeeper, or a homemaker!!! I still wonder if I am cut out for being a stay-at-home mom. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, but it can be SOOO boring sometimes! Especially when he sleeps. So, I am trying to pick up on different projects. This one was a blanket for Bubba. I saw a blanket that my nephew DK had like this, and I fell in love with it! I looked EVERYWHERE for one! So instead of continuing my pursuit for a blanket, I decided to try and make one. I went and found the fabric, sat down, put it together, and sewed it. (I had a lot of help from my mother still, thank heavens...or I might not have made it :-)) The blue side is a satin type fabric, so really soft and silky, and the green side is a fuzzy type fabric. I love it, and will probably end up making more. Muhahaha..wait.
Ok, so here are some pictures of the finished product. Bubba LOVES it, and falls asleep with it at night and for naps. It is the one he grabs. So it makes it well worth it! Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Hawkes Family said...

I Love these blankets! sew cute...LOL don't worry you'll grow out of the bored stage really fast, and then you'll wish for one day of boredom. Hang in there and keep up the cute blanket making!

Alicia W. said...

Projects are the best! Get yourself a hobby or two and just keep busy...the bored phase will soon pass. Are there any mommy and me groups around that you can join? That made a difference for me when Adria was Bubba's age.

Michelle said...

I love this blanket! Now I want to make it! I need a sewing machine!

birthMOM said...

aw! you made him a woobie, those are the best!! its cute, you did a great job!