Saturday, February 21, 2009

Light of my life...

I wanted to take a minute and say how much I LOVE being a mother. There are a lot of things going on in the world that just make me want to scream. But I look at my little guy, and my heart feels at peace. He is so sweet and innocent, and I can't believe that he is mine. I was reading a blog (click here) posted by my friend Michelle about a little girl who was diagnosed with cancer, and within 3 weeks of finding out, she passed away. She was Bubba's age. It made my heart break for them to have to go through that. And it made me hold my little one a little longer. Made me kiss him a few extra times (just a few ;-)), and just made me SO grateful that I have him in my life. I can't imagine my life without him, and it is sad that it takes reading something like that to really appreciate what I have in my life. I have 2 loves of my life, Sam and Bubba, and I would be no where without them! I mean, look at this face. How could you NOT love it!

These were taken the other day by my brother Curtis. He is an aspiring photographer as well and these ones just melted my heart.
Anyway, hold your loved ones a little longer, make sure that you tell them that you love them, and give them extra kisses. Because they deserve it. I love this little guy with ALL of my heart and I would do anything in the world for him. And I count my blessings, and thank the Lord every day that I have the chance to love him.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Of course that is a face to love. I totally 110% with u on that

Michelle said...

Great pictures! I love that you are posting more now :)