Thursday, February 19, 2009

Haircut

Now that Bubba is almost 11 months old, we have noticed that his hair has grown quite a bit. He never did get a lot of baldness like some babies do, but it is SO light and fine that we still didn't think that we would have to do this soon. But alas, I digress, we needed to. His hair was starting to be ALL OVER THE PLACE. It would stick straight up, the back would curl. And it just always looked undone. And as you will see from one of the pictures, his mohawk didn't really cut it. So here are some pictures documenting the main event. I was sad to see his cute hair go..but we saved it, so I should be ok. And it's just hair right? It will grow back (just keep telling yourself this Tara), and it will still be cute... *sob* Ok. On to the pictures.
Here is a picture to show you how it stood up some.

And here is his mohawk. It was really quite funny. The front was the right length, but the back went up SO high! It always curled over, and it just looked funny.

Here is Curtis demonstrating how long it is getting. (See the slight curl in it? SOOO cute!)
Here come the clippers. (He didn't know what was coming) We had Sam cut it, since he has cut hair before and we didn't want to pay 9 bucks to have it done.
First cut!
He's starting to wonder what the crap is buzzing around his head.
"Mom, PLEASE don't cut my hair!" (I know baby, I didn't want to! But that big guy doing it said it HAD to be done! Please don't hate me!)
Starting to be ok with it....we think.
This picture pretty much sums it up. He didn't like it buzzing around his head. He kept trying to push it away, and he kept trying to get away. He is NOT happy in this picture. Can you feel the burn of the lasers coming out of his eyes?
ALL DONE!!! Yay! Look at how cute! And I know you can't tell much of a difference. We didn't cut it SHORT. We just made it even everywhere.
And here he is in the bath afterwards. Now I will try to do his hair tomorrow and see how it turns out. Haha.
Cutting his hair was harder on me than I thought. I guess I was still holding on to the babiness of him, and by cutting his hair I felt like I was letting my little baby grow up unto a little boy. It was sad for me, and yes...a tear was shed...but he is still cute. And I wouldn't trade any of this for the world! And I can't wait for what we have ahead of us!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the pictures! Oh man, if HUNTER had sticking up hair, then Nathan's is ridiculous because his is ALL over. But I don't think I am ready to cut it yet! Ahhhhh!!!

Wendy said...

Ah I remember that day! I think Roman was 8 months when Spencer convinced me that it HAD to be done. I too was so sad, to be honest I still put it off as long as possible and when it's finally done I am usually glad that we did it. Give him another haircut or two and he will do better. Last week when I cut Roman's hair he just sat there, it was so nice!

Bryan Carter said...

Tara,

I remember one day when a very little girl came home with her long locks all gone. I too shed a tear that day. Now you know why :)

Dad

Alicia W. said...

That first haircut is really hard. Adria didn't get her hair cut until she was 3 and Rella's still hasn't been cut. He looks so darling, though, like a big boy. Good job, Sam!

mandy_moo said...

Aw, I seriously LOVE that picture of Sam holding Bubba post-cut. That is like one of the sweetest pictures I have seen in a long time. What a great daddy!!

and omgsh I LOVE the pic of him in the bath!!!! that look on his face is hilariously cute!!!