Wednesday, October 1, 2008

5 Days and COUNTING!!

Okay...so what happens in 5 days you ask?


This little guy legally becomes OURS!!!

I am SOOO excited!! We have had to wait 6 months to finalize everything.

During that time, we have had parental rights, but not legal rights of him. And on Monday, that will all change! We will get all rights to him, and he will be like a "natural child" to us. (according to the papers) This also means that we will not have to have anymore supervisory visits, or home studies! I have been waiting for this for 6 months, and I can NOT believe that it is almost here! And then, we will be able to have his blessing, and be sealed to him for all eternity. Honestly, I am more excited for the sealing, but still excited for Court. And the fun thing is that Finalization will be ON SAM'S BIRTHDAY! So Happy Birthday to HIM!!

So..here are some recent pictures of Bubba. The next pictures will probably be after Court on Monday. YAY!!!!

Sam playing with him. He was just giggling in these pictures!!

He had a cold and was teething, so his nose isn't in the best condition for this picture!

Some more stuff that Bubba is doing...let's see..He has 2 more teeth. His top two teeth came through last week...so he has a total of 4 teeth now (at 6 months?!) He has started crawling. he will only move a little bit before getting back on his tummy. Probably because he scoots on his tummy faster than he can crawl! That and he has started pulling himself up if he is next to something. He can also sit himself up now. He is growing up SO fast! His favorite foods to eat are Squash, Green Beans, and Peaches. He is so funny when trying to feed him...I just about have to give him a bath after he eats!

Anyway...I will let this go, and will hopefully get to update again before Monday...if not, you will get a good post there! Yay!!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been thinking of you!!! Especially since your special day is the same day as my awful CPA day! It's SO exciting!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it! I really wish I could be there!

Alicia W. said...

Yay! How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures...

Lisa said...

Congrats!!!!

Nicole said...

How exciting!!! He is such a cute baby and growing s fast!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yay! We are so happy and excited for you. That is going to be such a wonderful day! Where are you going to be sealed?

Joswha said...

Congrats! That's so fantastic! I'm glad you made it through the stress and the visits from the observers and everything!

Unknown said...

Can't remember how I found your blog, but I must "unlurk" for this event - CONGRATULATIONS!
It is a remarkable day, one I will treasure in my heart all the days of my life. Our daughter is - gasp!- almost 10 and I still recall almost every thing about that AMAZING day. I cried tears of joy in court. SHE remains a blessing beyond measure. I count you among the blessed - an adoptive mom!
Your little one is ADORABLE - enjoy every second of his little days, they truly fly.
The best to you.
Julie

mandy_moo said...

He is getting so big and cute!!! Big congrats from Mike and I on the exciting day!!! and happy birthday Sam!!

Crystal said...

That so cool. I so excited for u guys.