Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FINALIZED!!

So we had court yesterday and everything is finalized! YAY!! So..no more supervisory visits, no more worrying about doing EVERY SINGLE THING RIGHT, because someone is watching over your shoulder, no more worrying that you could lose him at any moment....He is OURS!! I can not tell you how happy we were at court. We also got a video of court, so that was cool. But here are some pictures to enjoy that tell about the day...
Here he is the night before, dressing up in Grandpa's hat before getting ready for bed. He sure liked wearing that hat, and didn't pull it off like he would his hat!

Here he is Monday morning. Getting ready to have a bath and get ready for the day...




He was tired, and decided to sleep part of the way up to Logan..So this picture is looking into his mirror that he has back there..


Grandma and Grandpa Carter and Tanielle are riding behind us!


We couldn't take pictures of the proceedings, so here is a picture afterwards with the judge and our attorney


And here is everyone who came to court with us. They were amazed at our support group and we just kept thinking to ourselves "there could have been A LOT more!"


And here is the 3 of us together afterwards:


And that is where I stopped taking pictures, because I wanted to ENJOY the day!! Without worrying about making sure I get a picture of EVERYTHING! So there you have it! I will announce when our sealing will be tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara I am so happy for you! What a great day. I can't wait for your sealing, how amazing for you! Congrats!

Michelle said...

Just looking at the pictures of the three of you together makes me feel SOOOOO good and happy and almost cry! I was thinking about you on Monday-Congratulations!!! This day was a long time coming!! It's amazing that there was a mother out there who loved that little guy SO much she was willing to give him up so that he could have what you two can give him. You guys look SO happy!! Ahhhh can't wait to meet him in a few months!

Wendy said...

Congratulations! Really an amazing day! Glad that everything went perfectly and can't wait to hear about your next special day! Give YOUR boy an extra snuggle for us!

Curtis & Elise said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! You looked really cute in those pictures, by the way -- I loved the outfit. You guys are wonderful people/parents and you really do deserve to have a child, even if you can't have one yourselves; I'm really glad all worked out as well as it did.

Joswha said...

Congrats!!!

Jess said...

Congratulations! I am glad the legal proceedings went so well. Next step- forever family!

Crystal said...

The picture of all 3 of u guys is sooooo cute. I am really happy u guys got it all done. congrats!!!!