Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bath time and other things...

OK, so I have been trying to post more, and take more pictures and videos, as I am sure you all have noticed. Haha. So I have been trying to do better, and take at least one picture of Bubba a day. I also decided today that I need more pictures of Bubba and me...but I haven't done that one....YET! I will try to do that also.

A couple of these are from yesterday, and one is from today, so hopefully I am covering both days. Haha. I also have a couple more videos I would like to post if I can ever get the stupid thing to work...anyway, back to the pictures! We try to give Bubba a bath every other day, the reason we do it so often, is because he tends to make a mess when he eats (as in, he tries to feed himself) and it also helps with his stuffy nose. So here are a few pictures from his bath.


And you will notice that in each of those pictures he has a washcloth. We have to bathe him with 2 washcloths. One we will actually use to clean him with, and the other is for him to play with. Because no matter how many toys we put in there with him, he will always go for the washcloth. And what does he do with said washcloth? He sucks the water out of it. Gross, I know, but we can't stop him. He will dunk the washcloth in the water, and pull it up and suck on it, dunk it in again...he repeats this over and over again through his whole bath. The good thing about it I guess is that is cleans his mouth and nose, so it isn't as hard to clean them!

Here is another one just after bath. He is getting too big for his little hooded towels! We even have a robe that doesn't fit him. Why oh why is my baby growing up so fast?!

Here is one from today. I was upstairs working on a project for our ward, and I hear him at the bottom of the stairs (Melanie was downstairs watching him so I could get the video done). I look down the stairs and see this. So I thought "I have to get a picture!" How could I not! Just as I snapped this picture, he let go of the stairs and stood there for a second before grabbing the stairs again. I think that startled him, because he promptly sat down after that!

But he LOVES to climb on things! He will now climb OVER my legs if he wants something on the other side. The other thing he started doing was saying "mamamama" over and over and over again. It is SO cute and it melts my heart! I went downstairs and he saw me, grinned and started saying it. I went into the bathroom, and I could hear him out there crawling to the bathroom. He then started scratching at the door all while saying "mamama". Now, I know people will say that it is just babbling, and he doesn't know what he is saying, but he will only really say it when I am around, or when he is trying to get to me. I am trying to get this on video, but haven't had any luck yet. Hopefully soon!

Anyway, I should end this post soon. I have been feeling really sick lately, and we thought that it was pneumonia, so we went to the doctor, and I guess all I have is a severe sinus infection with a really bad cough. So I am on some medicine that is making me feel pretty loopy and tired. Good thing I don't have to drive anywhere! Haha...ok. I need sleep. Good night!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting! I LOVE the pictures and the stories. My favorite story is about him following you around saying "mamamamma!" SOOOO cute!

Alicia W. said...

I love this age! It is amazing how much they change and learn from week to week. Enjoy every second...before you know it, the "mamamama" turns into "Mooooom! I'm hungry!"