Friday, March 28, 2008

Survival

We had placement yesterday so the little guy is with us now! We are SO excited to be parents!

So, we survived our first night together!! We were ready for this absolute horrible night of sleep! But we fed "buddy" at about midnight (our normal bedtime) and laid him down in his bassinet. He promptly fell asleep, and didn't wake up until about 4 in the morning. So Sam got up and fed and changed him. After that, we put him back in the bassinet and he didn't wake up until 10:00. AHHH!!6 whole hours! We were kind of shocked when we saw what time it was, but he was content! And we are hoping that this trend continues...but are doubtful.

We also took him to the pediatrician, and they weighed him. He is now just about back to his birthweight weighing in at 7 pounds 15 ounces. Big eater! He has gained at least 2 ounces a day for the last few days. Yay!! Also, he is perfectly healthy! Everyone just kept commenting on how cute of a baby he is, and we tend to agree...

He also LOVES to look around! His eyes are a deep blue color, and he will just lay there and look around at everything. It is SO cute!

Well, Sam has to go back to school (BOO!!) And so he will have to leave on Monday. So my parents will be coming up to help me out so I am not alone and I can still get some sleep. We are looking at having to stay up here for at least 3 more days...Hopefully we can leave the middle of next week!

Oh, and everyone tells us that it only snows a couple of times up here in Portland...well it has snowed 3 days in a row up here! They were requiring chains on the highway out to the coast! That is just crazy!! Hmm...we might have to make a vacation up here during a WARMER part of the season!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! I can't believe he slept so well!!! I hope that continues! Although then you will be SO spoiled! It's so fun to hear how things are going! :) I showed my mom the pictures of your baby and she thinks he is the cutest thing ever!! I agree too! Although maybe when I have my baby, they will have to be tied! I can't believe it is snowing there too! It has been wonderful weather here!! Well, good luck with everything! Keep blogging about your life and baby!!! :D

Cathy said...

Hi Tara,
CONGRATULATIONS! What a cute baby Hunter is!!! I am so glad everything has worked out for you! It truly is a miracle! I know you and Sam will be great parents!

Love ya,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Yay!

We are so happy for all of you!

Michelle said...

PS - now that you have a baby, I think it should be illegal for you to post without a picture...and maybe I can make it illegal for you to not post at LEAST 3 times a week...hehe :)