Thursday, August 6, 2009

Some happenings

So, as most of you have seen my last post, I would like to announce that I WON the top spot in the JaG competition that I was competing in! YAY!!! I could not tell you how excited I was!! I won a spot in an all day photography workshop with one of the coolest photographers out there Scott Jarvie. I am ECSTATIC! I only won by 2 points, so it was REALLY close, but I am glad that I was able to pull it off. There are about 5 other spots in the workshop and I am way excited to meet the other photographers that are coming along!

I also competed last night in the Utah Photo Editing Showdown put on by Jarvie and Pictureline in Draper. I was extremely nervous to compete, as my editing skills would be watched, critiqued and displayed. Eek!! But I pulled myself together, and edited to the best of my ability. In the end, out of 8 photographers, I pulled out of it with 2nd place! So I was the runner up, which to me is a BIG deal! That means that I can hold my own. Which made me pretty proud of myself. :-) So, if the 1st place spot can't defend his title at the next Showdown, I get to! Woo hoo! Although I might go and compete anyway, just to try and de-thrown him. Hehe. Watch out David!

Anyway, so that is what has been happening lately. I can't wait for everything exciting coming up and all the things that I am going to learn! yay!!

1 comment:

Greg and Nancy said...

Congratulations!! We already knew that you're a talented photographer, though. ;)