Monday, August 24, 2009

Nap Time

Bubba used to sleep SOOOO well! And he even went to bed very well. We would take him into the room, he would point to the bed to sleep in, we would lay him down and he would slip blissfully away into dreamland, without so much as a peep.

Not anymore. I don't know what it is, but even if he is tired, he will just cry as soon as we put him into bed. I don't know if he hates going to bed now? Or what the deal is. But I feel SO bad just leaving him down there to cry himself to sleep. But I don't know what more I can do! If I try to snuggle him, he will just try to play around. And he usually falls asleep about 10-15 minutes later, but it's just hard to listen to him crying. Ugh.

Where are the days of easy napping/sleeping? Oh, and we've been down to 1 nap a day for the last few months. What am I going to do when there is NO nap? :-S

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wonder the same thing about NO nap!! Ack!! I hope he gets better about sleeping for you again!

Curtis & Elise said...

You only went down to one nap a day a couple of months ago? Oh, I'm jealous.

With no nap, you institute a "quiet time". For some kids they go to their room and read/play quietly for an hour or so. For Adelyn, she watches a movie during that time. Then you still get the time to yourself, for a nap or cleaning or shower or whatever.