Friday, August 28, 2009

Confessions have found me

Sitting here on a Friday night, trying to decide what to confess. Let's see..
  • I hate brushing my teeth. I have to force myself to do it. It makes me gag, and I just don't like having stuff sit in my mouth and, blech. I can't stand it! Unfortunately this has been known to make me miss brushing my teeth some days. But I am trying to get into a better habit of it, and try to not let it bug me.
  • I am looking forward to a day tomorrow with no baby. I have felt SO overwhelmed by him lately, that tomorrow will be a nice break. I will be gone for more than 12 hours without him. I of course will miss him like crazy, but it will be nice to not have to worry about what he is getting into, and what he is about to break, and where he is, and what he is eating, etc.
  • I watched "Seven Pounds" the other night. I cried. That is a very powerful movie, and really made me think. If you haven't seen it, and are ok to cry in movies. I highly recommend this one. It's along the lines of "Pursuit of Happiness", and I absolutely LOVE Will Smith as an actor.
  • I am an awful wife. I don't like it when Sam is sick. And he says I treat him well, but I don't treat him as well as I could. Part of me wonders why he should get special treatment when he is sick, when I still have to do everything I have to do when I am sick. But I am working on it, and am trying to get better. I shouldn't be so worried about me, but more about him. Hopefully one day I will get to that point.
  • I can sing most of the songs off of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Bubba loves that show, and I watch it with him. So I can now sing the songs. Haha
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel the same way when Jeff is sick. It's so hard to try to learn to be more unselfish. I'm afraid that is something I will have to work on forever. But yeah, mom's usually don't get much of a break when they are sick.

Curtis & Elise said...

I'm with you when the hubby is sick. I get sick so rarely that I forget how I get treated (or not treated) when it happens. So when Curtis is sick I usually baby him. Then I get so mad when I'm sick and don't get a day off. The other day we were both sick on the same day and I didn't baby him. Boy was he shocked, and kinda mad. Crazy boys.