Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

So, I am on a kick to try and be more positive. I used to think of myself as a very positive person, I was always telling other people to smile and be happy. But I have found that I am not really all that positive. I am always looking at the bad in all situations. I also look for the bad in people, and not the good. Well...I want to change this. I am not going to promise that you still won't hear me complain, because there are always going to be bad days. But I will try to not dwell on them. In the effort to help me with this, I am starting something similar to Friday Night Confessions. It is Thankful Tuesdays. This also makes me write on my blog more often. Haha. So every Tuesday, I am going to try and write about something/someone that I am thankful for, and why I am thankful for it/them. So here we go.

I am thankful for my family. I know it's a broad one to start with. But really, if it weren't for my family, I wouldn't be where I am today. My family has taken us in. We currently live with them, because things weren't going to hot. We were only planning on staying for a couple of months. We have been here for 10 months. They take care of us without much complaint. And as everyone knows, it's hard having two families living together. Especially when you don't agree. We haven't been the easiest to live with. We have a 1.5 year old little boy who gets into everything, that they probably watch more than they want to. They drive me to places I need to go, they feed us. We are probably a bigger burden on them then they portray. In fact, I KNOW we are a bigger burden on them. And it makes me feel so bad. But I am thankful for everything that they have done for us, and I hope to one day pay them back for everything that they have done. They are some of the best people in the world. I just hope I can make sure that they know that they are very appreciated and that we aren't trying to take advantage of them. We love you guys!

No comments: