Sunday, April 27, 2008

Goal for 2008

Ok, so I am going to post one of my goals this year. It is for my business...but I am hoping to get enough money with photography that I can buy this...



For those who aren't sure what this is...it is the Nikon D3. I WANT THIS CAMERA!! There is nothing else to say about it other than it is AWESOME!! It has a full frame sensor, so it will be comparable (although still not the same) to shooting film! And you can shoot with a higher ISO (meaning I can shoot in lower light settings without using a flash!) Yee haw!

So..by posting this here, I am hoping that I will be able to succeed, and accomplish this goal! Of course, by the time that I am able to afford this camera, they will probably have come out with a better one that I will be drooling over. But it is a start! Yay!! Ok...so now you know my passion, and what I search for online late at night...I am a sad individual.

So...if you know of anyone who needs a photographer for ANYTHING, send them my way! If they book a session with me, and they mention that you sent them...you could get something awesome! Maybe I will have to come up with a raffle drawing or something...or something free for you...who knows, but I will come up with it! If you have any ideas on anything that will motivate you to send people my way..let me know and I will consider it! Yay!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey chick, awesome goal! This little baby is actually BETTER than film. The film on a 35mm camera and a medium frame camera can only hold enough chemical reactions to support just over 10megapixels. This is 12.1, and by the time you save up it will probably be higher :)

Michelle said...

Yay for a goal and a nice new camera!!! :) Oh and I forgot to mention on the other post, yay for Sam's graduation ceremony! Big day!!! :)

By the way I love the new look of your blog!

Art Photographs said...

I hear ya I'm drooling over it too! But I think realisticly it will probably be the D300 for me, ast least I hope! Oh and thanks for stopping by my blog, nice to meet you!

Art Photographs said...

I just realized I know you! Sorry it took me a second!

Your baby is here!!!!! Oh congratulations Tara, I am so happy and excited for you. I have tears in my eyes seeing his sweet pictures! Enjoy being a mom and everything that comes with it, there is nothing else like it, especially when you wait as long as we had to.

We need to get together and shoot like we had talked about. Let me know when your schedule is open (I know you have a newborn, so I can be patient(: )

Best of Luck to you and your new little miracle!

David said...

Hey, I want that camera too! I actually held it today. (I am one lucky guy) It has a nice feel to it as well, and it's not as heavy or bulky as it looks. Well anyways, I took one shot of my dad who was standing at the front of the camera store we went to. I was dumbfounded! I mean, it was only a test shot of my dad, but the quality is absolutely stunning. It doesn't even compare to even cameras as good as the Canon eos 5D. I hope all goes well in getting this camera, it's a good goal! I'm only thirteen, so it'll be a couple years before I get my hand on one of these! If you want to take a look at my photography, you can see it at flickr.com/photos/coolpics34, if you're interested at all. =)