Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3 years new

wow. what to say. 
so many emotions, and thoughts go through my head on this day. 
you've all probably read the story, as i think i post it every year. but oh well. 
i like posting it. :) 

sunday, march 23, 2008
on this day 3 years ago, we were in oregon at a hospital. we were told to me at 7:00am. so we met crystal at the hospital, and spent time with her in her room before the surgery. they finally came in about 10:00am, handed me my scrubs to dress up in, and took us back. i waited for the anesthesiologist to finish their work, and then they took me in. i sat by crystals head (i was extremely nervous, but probably not as nervous as crystal!) the anesthesiologist told me i could look, and when i did, there he was. 
and he was perfect.
they took him over to get his airway cleaned out and i was allowed to follow him. so i did. they did a quick clean up, and then wrapped him in a blanket and handed him over to me. 
i cried. 
i took him back over to crystal and kept him as close to her as i could while they started sewing her back up. 
then we went to the nursery, where they weighed him (7lbs 15 oz) and measured him (20in long) then they gave him a bath. he liked the water (STILL does, and baths are his FAVORITE thing!) and loved being in it, but didn't like being OUT of it!! 
i was lovestruck. i couldn't look at him without smiling. 
i couldn't think of him without smiling. before the bath, i went and grabbed my camera, which was with sam. i hugged sam and just cried ("he's here!") and then ran back in to be with him. (still only 1 person could be back there). here are some of the pictures taken during and after his bath.

then they brought crystal in, and watching her with him, melted my heart even more. how were we so lucky? this amazing woman wanted to place this perfect child with us. our family doubled that day. our families were connected. it was perfect. and i still love watching the two of them together. it still amazes me. :) 
after we got crystal settled into her room, i went out and got sam, and the other visitors that were there. and they came back. sam looked like a child on christmas. he walked into the room, eyes wide, HUGE smile on his face. he kind of stayed back a little bit trying to catch peaks of him. :) then crystal looked at him and said "you want to hold him daddy?" and sam melted, picked him up, and was smitten. :)

here is our first picture together. it was sunday afternoon, and it covers SO many emotions that i was feeling that day. one of my favorite pictures EVER.

words can not express what i felt that day. and what i still feel. this morning when he came crawling into my bed, and snuggles into me. my heart fills up. 
he looks up at me and asks if i'm ok. i tell him i am and that i am so happy he is with me. he looks at me, smiles and says 
"i love you momma" 

and that is why we fought for so many years. 
that's why we never gave up.
that's why we kept praying for a miracle, and he led us to crystal. 

crystal, i tell you this all the time, but THANK YOU. from the very bottom of our hearts. 
we love you, and are SO thankful you are part of our family. 


and to my little man. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the sweetest little man i've ever met. 
i love you to eternity and back
and all your "i luw you momma"'s and hugs and kisses were WELL worth the wait.
hope you enjoy your day!! 
LOVE YOU!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

jeez! tearjerker! that is such a precious story! and happy birthday to your little one!!

Michelle said...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) Gives me goosebumps. Happy Birthday H!!!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Bubba! Worth it all! FOREVER!

kirstin said...

oh my goodness! what an amazing story! happy birthday little man!