Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Last Shooting Star

It's late, I wander aimlessly around
maybe if I go up there, I'll fall to the ground.

The stars are so bright, so true and so far,
I wonder what it would be like if I were a star.

I plead with the stars that I hold oh so dear,
please show me a sign, let me know you are near.

I please to the One to show me some light,
Cause that's what I need on this dark, chilly night.

I close my eyes, and whisper "please show me the way",
"Please give me the courage to live one more day"

I open my eyes, that are wet with my tears,
As He slowly tries to wipe away all of my fears.

"I'm scared, I'm lonely, am I doing what's right?"
And I hear the wind whisper late in the night.

I close my eyes with tears down my face,
"please give me the strength to finish this race."

I look up at the stars my constellation far,
just in time to see that last shooting star.

Right through the stars I was talking to,
I still don't understand what I'm supposed to do.

But that star, that last little string of hope,
Gave the strength, the courage that I need to cope

I sit out on my roof, late in the night,
Praying to him to show me the light.

Just when you think the finish line is too far,
Look up and He'll show you,
that last shooting star.

-Written by me in 2001

I found this poem while I was cleaning through some stuff today. How true it is today, as it was 9 years ago. I can't remember why I wrote it. But I am sure glad I did. :-)
Enjoy

1 comment:

Greg and Nancy said...

I LOVE it! I didn't know you are such a poet.