Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years

It is now 2010. Can you believe it? I remember what I was doing 10 years ago, and it really doesn't seem like it was 10 years. My 10 year High School Reunion is going to be next year. Dang. I'm getting old. Well, with the New Year, come of course, the New Year's Resolutions. I have been doing a lot of thinking about this. I have finally come up with 3 lists. A friend of mine also has a list of things that aren't necessarily things to cross off, but things to improve on. I have done the same on my personal level. My lists consist of Myself: things I want to do on my own. Family: Things I want to do with Sam, and Bubba. And Business: Things I want to improve in my business.

I have to do lists. I feel good when I can cross something off. It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. When I make a list of things to do in the day, I include the most menial tasks (shower, eat breakfast, wake up, etc). So there are things that I am guaranteed to cross off. Haha. Anyway, I figure that if I post my resolutions out there, I am held accountable for them. So that I have to do it. I am also printing them off, and posting them around so I can see them. So here they are.

NeW YeAr’S ReSoLuTiOnS

Myself -List

Read the Book of Mormon twice
Read from my scriptures daily
Say my daily prayers
Brush my teeth every day
Wash my face every day
Run at least 3 times a week
Take a Vitamin every day
Go on a road trip
Run a 10k
Read at least 10 novels
Hang out with friends by myself at least once a month
Do something nice for Sam every day
Attend the Temple at least once a month

Myself – Improvement

Laugh more
Be more positive
Forgive more easily
Give more praise
Love more
Be more understanding
Be less to anger
Don’t judge too harshly
Give the benefit of the doubt
Go to bed earlier, and rise earlier
Stay in touch with friends, and be a friend I would like to have
Be a better listener and be there for others
Uplift people more

Family – List

Move out on our own
Take at least 2 small family trips
Take one big family trip
Spend time just the three of us at least once a week
Attend the temple at least once a month
Go on a date twice a month
Pay off at least 2 of our bills
Get Sam a job that utilizes his degree

Business- List

Buy a 24-70mm 2.8
Buy a 70-200mm 2.8
Buy a D700 Body
Keep my website updated with latest images
Blog at least once a week
Do at least one photoshoot a week
Build up my wedding portfolio
Read at least 2 books to improve my business
Attend as many conferences, trainings, events as possible
Build up supply of samples of what I offer (albums, canvas, prints)
Get to know other photographers, and shoot with them
Do a photoshoot out of state
Continue to redesign my blog/website
Be more active on other photographers sites
Do a 365 day project to become more creative
Read my camera manual
Become better with OCF

So there you have it. I have put everything out there. Please hold me accountable for my list. Feel free to check on my as often as you would like to make sure that I am doing it.

I hope you all have a wonderful 2010. I pray that this year is good to all of you, and that it is better than 2009.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Just reading your list overwhelms me! Good luck in 2010! Great goals, but don't overdue it girl! :)