Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2 Month Appt..


We had bubba's 2 month appointment today! When he was born, he weighed in at 8 pounds. He is now 13 pounds! Wowza! The doctor looked at him and said "he's not a little baby is he!" He is also 23.5 inches long now. So, we asked and it was 50th percentile with his height, and 85-90th percentile for weight! The doctor told us that we could start other food in about 2 months! Yay! He also said that he is perfectly healthy, and right on target for everything! YAY!! So..everything was going fine and dandy, until this afternoon...


We had immunizations. Ugh. I am glad that we are doing them, but it still breaks my heart! So..I wasn't even nervous, I was thinking that I would be ok, and everything would be good. Well, Mell came with me because she needed to get her daughters shots done, so she went first. Once they put that first shot in...my heart sank and I started to cry! And it wasn't even my child!! She had 5 shots done, and I determined that I could not hold Bubba down while he got his shots!! Right before they gave them to him, he started to cry, like he was anticipating them! Then he stopped and they gave him the first shot...his face went from calm to "what the heck are ya doing" to "ouch! That hurts" to full on scream!! I started to cry yet again! It was so sad!! I am glad that Mell held him, because I just don't think I would have been able to! I then got to comfort him, and he cried for another 10 minutes! But we both survived. Within half an hour, he was back to his smily self (could have been due to the motrin...), and I didn't feel AS bad. :-) He had 3 shots and an oral immunization. Now, I can start preparing myself for the next round in 2 months. Eek!


Here is a video, it is just about a minute long, but we have discovered that Bubba is ticklish! So this video is me tickling him and him trying to laugh. SO funny!! So enjoy this one!




I am also going to add a couple of pictures that I took the other day. We put him in a levi jacket that we received, and he looks SO blasted cute in it!! I LOVE it, and it makes me sad that it will only fit him for a short amount of time, but oh well. I will have to look for another one later on down the road. (Sorry about the green animal behind him...that is one of his favorite toys right now!! It is a tickletoes, and whenever we make it laugh, he starts grinning at it, and trying to grab it! SO cute!!)


Also, on Saturday Melanie's cat had her kittens. This cat is 3 years old and has 30 kittens!! Wowza! So she had a litter of 7 kittens, and they are SO cute!! There is one black one, 1 gray one, and 5 white ones (they are himalayan (sp?) so have persian, and half siamese) But they are adorable! I have claimed the gray one and Sam has lovingly called it Hodaka (for those who don't know what that is...it is a motorcycle...silly man). I took pictures of the birth, but I am not sure who all wants to see that, so I will try to take some other pictures tomorrow and post them for you!


Wow...this was a long post!! I haven't done one of those in a while! We are still surviving down here, and we actually are having fun! Sam is not liking how much school work he is getting. He has had so much that he hasn't been able to work this week, which is sad, but we will survive! We are excited to only have 2 more months left of that! Yay! We are also heading back up to Logan this weekend so Sam can take a couple of tests. So that will be good to see everyone that I miss!


Anyway...I think I will end this forever long post. So have fun, and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love long posts!! (obviously) ;) It made me laugh that you cried when your baby had his immunizations because a girl in my ward did that and they said "This must be your first baby, huh?" :) (Maybe I already told you that story...sorry if I did) Anyway, Hunter is SO cute! I love the pictures and the video! He will be soooo old by the time I meet him :(

lasantine said...

Wowza! Tara, do you realize your 2 month old weighs as much as my 7 month old??? I guess that's the difference between the first and 95th percentile.

Bubba's such a cutie. Love the little jacket.

I agree shots are hard. I have to steel myself every time. If you have a bottle or binkie ready right away, they tend to calm down faster.

Carter Family said...

Tara, he is so adorable, what a cute baby! For the immunizations, we have done 4 rounds and I still tear up...so just accept that as part of the appointment. Then you will feel better when it's all over! See you this weekend!

Lisa said...

I have NEVER taken Poopie for his shots. That is my husbands job because I know I would not be able to take it. :) I LOVE the video!

Crystal said...

Vedeo is so cute