Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Still Alive

So...this last weekend, we went on a mini vacation, and went to my nephew's birthday party, and up to Logan so Sam could take some tests. And I was informed by my mother that I need to update my blog more! So I will do my best to update my blog. I know that I am not very good at it, I figure that everything is the same ol' same ol' that no one wants to hear about it!! But I will try to be better.

So we went to my nephew's party on Sunday, and he was SO stinkin cute!! He just turned one, and he looked like he had a blast! He would go from one present to another, and had fun ripping the paper off. And then the cake. Oh goodness! He kind of looked at it like "what am I supposed to do with this thing?" and then started trying to eat it. He would pull it up to his mouth and try to bite at the edge. After a few minutes, he finally got his hands into it and just ripped it apart!! He ate almost the whole cake! He was so cute, he would take a bite and then look at people and start to laugh. I have some video of it that I might have to try to upload, we will see. He got so many toys and stuff that he will not be bored for a while!! So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him!!

We also got to stay with my grandparents up in Logan. We had our own room, and bathroom. It was nice to be able to spend time with them again. They enjoyed spending time with bubba, and he liked them as well! So that is always good. I also got the chance to eat my Grandpa's pancakes. He makes the world's BEST pancakes!! He also does bacon and eggs. But his pancakes and my grandma's homemade maple syrup are to DIE for!! I want to eat as many as I can when I am there!! They were so good! So thank you to them for putting up with us. ;-)

This week has been kind of slow for everything. Just kind of been hanging out, so there isn't much going on. My mom and sisters are going to be driving down tomorrow and we are going to go do some shopping so that will be fun! I will try to get some pictures of that. I realised that I don't really have any pictures of bubba with any family members, so I will try to be better about that.

Bubba has decided that he wants to try and roll over. It is cute, he curls his legs up and tries to turn to his side, most of the time he doesn't succeed but it is cute none the less. He is also starting to grab at toys that are within his reach. It is so amazing watching him grow right before our eyes!! He is such a good baby!! He sleeps from about 8/9pm to about 6/7am straight. He will then wake up hungry, we feed him and he goes down again until 9/10am. And then takes a couple of naps through the day. Can I tell you how LUCKY we are!! I just love him so much, and my love grows every day!!

Anyway...this is kind of a long post. Sorry no pictures, I don't really have any new ones to put up!! But I will try to be better about it!! Just keep on my if I am not doing my job!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay! A post! I am with your mother! And really, even though everything sounds "same old" to you, I have no clue what your "same old" routine is! :) Sounds like you had a nice time up in Logan and Bubba is growing up so much! How fun that he is starting to "try" rolling over and grabbing toys! Ahhhh!! I'm so happy you get to be at home with him so you can watch his milestones! And I REALLY hope my little JJ develops sleeping patterns like Bubba!!! haha :)