Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

I figured I had better blog about my first Mother's Day.
Mother's Day this year, meant a lot to me. For the past 5 years, I would go to the normal church meetings, and I would end up leaving early because I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't a mother, and I thought that I was looked down on for that. I felt belittled for not being a mother, even though I wanted it more than anything in the world. Up until 6 months ago, I was dreading the day..I liked Mother's Day because I could tell my mother how much she meant to me, but I hated mother's day at the same time, because I wasn't one.

Well..on March 23rd that changed. I became a mother. I now have a little one who looks to me, who smiles when he hears my voice, and who I can call my own. I woke up on Mother's Day and had my heart just overflowing with gratitude that I am a mother. I know that I will still have trying times...but I am a mother. I can be someone to him, like my mom was to me.

We spent the day with my family, and one of the gifts we gave to my mother, was the chance to sit and hold bubba as much as she wanted. As soon as he was in her arms at church...he just started grinning at her. My heart melted. I could see a connection between the two of them, that I could only dream of. I am SO thankful to my mother, and how much she means to me. She has been my rock, and has let me use her faith when I thought I didn't have any. She is the most AMAZING woman I know, and I hope to be just like her.

But, I just wanted to document (I guess?) what I felt this mother's day. It is an amazing feeling. To see dreams come true that I never thought possible. Thank you to everyone out there who has helped this dream become a reality. Words can not express how eternally grateful I am.

(I would post a picture of my mother on here...but I do not have one on my computer!! So I am sorry!! But just picture the most beautiful woman on the face of this earth...and that is her :-))

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful post! I'm SOOOO happy for you on your first Mother's Day! So amazing!!!

Melanie said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to TARA!!!
I couldn't be more happy for you, and I feel SO honored to get to watch you being a mommy! Thank you for letting me experience this with you! LOVE you! I'm SO happy you're here!!!