Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

So, we were told all day that we would not be able to see the Lunar Eclipse. This made me extremely sad! I LOVE most things that have to do with outer space. When I was with a space program at my elementary school, and we spent one night with a bunch of telescopes looking at starts and planets. So I was very bummed to not see it.

Well....I went to my window just to make sure that I couldn't see it. AND THERE IT WAS!! I RAN upstairs so that I could "get closer" to it and have it completely dark to see it. I was SO excited and it looked SO cool! The whole moon was brown/red, and just a sliver on the right side was lit up. You could also see Saturn just below it. DANG I wish I had a telescope! That would have been AWESOME to see up close!

Well, I tried to take pictures of it, but it was dark enough that my camera wouldn't focus on it through the window. And there was no way I was going to go out in below zero weather to try and take a picture in the dark!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you my excitement in being able to see the full lunar eclipse tonight! Something I won't see again for 2 years. ;-)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lucky!!! I did not see it because it was too cloudy here!!! :(