Thursday, May 20, 2010

melting of my heart

This morning, I didn’t want to get out of bed. Like, REALLY didn’t want to get out of bed.

I was warm, I was comfortable, bubba was eating breakfast with his daddy, and I was content.

Well, Sam had to eventually go to work after bathing Bubba. He put a diaper on him, put him in bed with me, and said “ok, he’s all yours!” We snuggled down into the covers and just enjoyed the morning. Bubba then started playing peek-a-boo with me and the covers. I got an idea that I wanted to capture these moments. Because they don’t happen all that often!

So, I grabbed my camera, and just played with Bubba, the covers, and the light coming in through the window. He got sick of it after a while, and went to his room and read stories. I was happy he let me follow him. :-) So I kept taking pictures until I filled up my memory card. We then snuggled and watched a movie on the couch. So to describe this morning, bliss.

Pure.Bliss

By the end, he was mad. He wanted to take pictures, and not have any more taken of him. Yes, I'm training him right :-)

So I let him take a picture of me. This was what came out. I was pretty pleased with it. :-) See, I really AM training him well. ;-)

We also went out today to finish up the remainder of the Birthmother present that we will be sending to Crystal hopefully within the next week!! I can't wait to send her what we've got!!

We also went to a party tonight at a good friend's house. It was a lot of fun, and I absolutely LOVE meeting new people! It's making me open up more, and not be so afraid. :-) There was a photobooth there, and I had a lot of fun taking pictures in it. Haha, I will try to show those to you later. But Bubba never took a nap today, so he started getting REALLY onry! So we decided to leave the party a little early and head over to my parents (it was Bubba and I). Bubba really misses his aunts and uncles! We have such a hard time pulling him away from them! He knows now that when we say bye, we are leaving, and he doesn't know when he is going to see them again. Poor kid. Hopefully things will keep adjusting quickly.


He is going to bed easier too. We now have a routine that we pretty much follow every night, and he seems to know what it means. So luckily the last couple of nights haven't been so bad. He hasn't even cried when we laid him in bed. Awww...I sure love this little guy. I seem to be able to enjoy him more now. We can do things just the two of us. He loves to just snuggle next to me and watch what I'm doing, or we can sit and play with his toys, and it is just fun.

Anyway, how's that for my second day blogging? I at least got it in before midnight. :-)

1 comment:

birthMOM said...

adorable pictures!!