Saturday, May 22, 2010

Girls Night Out and Funerals

I love GNO. There is no other feeling for this.

My WONDERFUL Aunt Wendy came down from Logan and we decided to do a Girls Night Out. We got some Pizza (YUM! I love Pizza...on my list for all time favorite foods..) and some Rainbow Floats from Pace's in Layton. (Well..some preferred to go to Zeppe's in Layton, so we split for that brief time :-)), played Nertz, and watched a movie. Sam took Bubba for the evening, Dad and Curtis went hunting, and Brandon was at work. So we thoroughly enjoyed a house to all of us girls and no kids.

In attendance besides Wendy and myself, were my mom, Tanielle, Kaleigh. Jackie, Tabitha, and my aunt Cathy. It was a lot of fun, and memories were made.

Pizza was Little Ceaser's and we had Hawaiian, and Triple Meat. And of course breadsticks and sauce. D.I.V.I.N.E.
At Pace's I had a fresh strawberry rainbow float. Yummy. What is a rainbow float? It is soft serve ice cream inside a slush mix. Very.VERY.Good.

I have never played Nertz with 8 people before, and things got a little crazy. Cards were being thrown, embedded into heads, sound effects were made. It was a BLAST.

We watched Valentine's Day (the only reason we watched this one, was because Taylor Lautner was is it :-) Although his role in this was not nearly as good as what it is in New Moon..) But it was a funny movie that had me laughing throughout it. It also made me cry (curse hormones).

That is what Girls Night Out is. Days I look forward to. :-)

As for the second part of my post...
It looks like we are going to be heading to california this week. Sam's grandmother passed away late last night. This lady was truly an amazing woman. When Sam and I were married, we went to San Diego for our honeymoon. We stayed at his grandmother's place (His aunt Becky had actually moved in with her and had built on to her house for her own family, and was taking care of her) And she was always wanting to do things with us, make sure that we were ok, and just wanted to take care of us. I have ALWAYS seen her happy! I don't think she was ever mad. She had a positive thing to say about everything and everyone. Truly amazing.
Her funeral is going to be this next weekend, so we are seeing what we can do to make it down for it. Hopefully everything will plan out. :-S

Anyway, enjoy :-)

1 comment:

Curtis & Elise said...

Jealous! That sounded like a blast! Good for you, getting away from the boys is always good every now and then. Sorry to hear about your grandma. It always sucks to lose such wonderful people.