Friday, November 9, 2007

Another Day

Well, I have finished another 10 hour day at Icon. blech. The good news is that I survived! Yay! And I actually got a break today! I worked 10 hours on Wednesday without getting a single break. I didn't get to eat lunch or anything. Needless to say I was peeved and starving when I got home!!

But I just thought that I would come on and post this wonderful and exciting news. There really hasn't been anything too exciting going on in life. Oh! I get a WORK FREE WEEKEND! I have nothing planned this weekend. And that means a lot of sleeping in, and working on pictures. Yay!!

We also got Sam registered for school for Spring semester! THAT is very exciting! That will be his LAST semester here at Utah State! (He will actually be taking 2 more classes in the summer, but they are online classes so we don't have to be up here!) The sad thing about it is that we will be leaving all of our friends. But we will be moving to where we already have friends! So that is very exciting news. The bad news about registering for school is that we have to pay out of state tuition for this last semester. Because of some of the engineering classes he took, his credits are way to high. So that is a few more thousand for that! I just don't understand the school system! They encourage everyone and pretty much make it impossible to get a job without a college degree, but they make it SO stinkin expensive to do it! Just this year Utah State not only increased it's normal undergradute tuition, but it also increased the business program tuition. And they increased it by more than 4%! That is RIDICULOUS! I am SO sick of paying for school! And we don't even have any kids in school! I am missing the high school days where it didn't cost very much to attend! What is the logic to raising school tuition? I just don't understand it! I think they should come up with a school that has dirt cheap tuition, but then is still fairly hard to get into (like BYU, or something like that) But make it worth it to get in. Right now it is almost like the more you pay, the better school you are in. And that shouldn't be the case. *grunt*snort*sigh*

Alright, I will get off of my soapbox for that. And I think I have made this my longest post EVER on a blog! That is also very exciting....;-)

3 comments:

3 hags a bloggin said...

I totally agree about school costs, it is crazy. Thanks for checking in at my blog the other day. Hope things are still going good for you!!

Michelle said...

Hurrah for Sam registering for his last semester!!! You are almost there!! Makes me even more depressed though cause I realize Jeff still has several years! :P Where do you think ya'll will live when he graduates? Utah Valley? (Do you like my TX lingo?)

Anonymous said...

I cant figure out how to change my background...how do you do it?