Friday, January 20, 2012

how my mind works

a few weeks ago, i took a week off of facebook.
shocking, i know.
it was quite liberating. i was able to get more done around my house, spend more time with bubba, and focus more on my little family. 

WHY can i not remember that?

this is a conversation that i had with sam last night: 
sam: you sure spend a lot of time on your phone. you should spend more time with us. sitting by me, but being on your phone, isn't really spending time with me. 
me: yeah i know. i'm sorry.
sam: what are you even doing on it?
me: i don't know. facebook, instagram, pinterest, the news, email, words with friends, and if i'm not doing those, i'm playing some kind of game on it. 
sam: why don't you just put it down?
me: i can't
sam: why?
me: because if i put my phone down, then my mind starts working, and then i get anxious, and panicky. when i'm doing stuff on my phone, i don't have to think about what I have to do, so it calms me. 
(proof, i was in the shower during this discussion, and my phone wasn't 3 feet away from me, and i felt like i had to get out and check things)
sam:.....
me: (sighing heavily.) i just need to get organized and actually do things on my list so i don't have to do that anymore huh. 
sam: yeah, probably. 

i get anxious when i think. 
i over-analyze e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. that comes into my mind.
i always worry about what everyone else is doing, and thinking, and talking about. 
and i'm never satisfied with what's going on RIGHT now. 
i have a million projects going at any given time, and will always give myself more.

i need to stop. 

and i will confess...while writing this post, i have gone back and forth to 3 different web pages because i can't focus on one thing long enough. 

and like most of my posts, i don't remember where i was going with this. haha. 
anyone have any ideas on things that can calm my mind and help me focus? i could accomplish SO much more if i could just focus. 
please. 
pretty please. 

anyway. 
that's a look into my mind. 
hope you enjoyed the trip. :) 

and i hope you enjoyed some photos of a little boy who keeps me sane. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is exactly why I don't have a fancy phone. I KNOW how I am and that I would have a hard time putting it down. It also helps that I don't know a lot of people over here so even with my cheap pay-as-you-go phone, I don't really text to anyone. Good luck figuring out how to focus. Maybe throw out the phone!? lol Ok, I doubt you'll do that. My issue is the Internet at home. Luckily we only have a desktop, which doubles as our "TV" of sorts, but I still find myself checking FB all throughout the day. Dang technology - convenient for us, but also not!

Cute pics of H by the way :)

Anonymous said...

I am the same way with my phone