Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Night Confessions..

Let's see what we have tonight:
  • I sometimes have a hard time being a mom. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Bubba to death, and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. But sometimes being a mom is just hard. Especially now that he is on the downhill slide to turning 2. There is the screaming, the fits, and the defiance as he tries to find his own independance. It's hard. Some days I go to bed just about in tears cause I don't know how I can face another day of doing it. I fought so hard for this, it's supposed to be easy right? :-) Haha. But then I snuggle up to him, or look at him, or feel his arms as he wraps them around me to give me a hug, and it somehow seems to make it all worth it.
  • I am not commonly on the other side of the camera that often. But we are getting family pictures done in a few weeks, and I am starting to see why some people go insane! Trying to find outfits for us, and make sure everything is ready. Luckily I know the photographer will do an awesome job, so I'm not completely insane. ;-)
  • Yellow is my favorite color. I don't think I have mentioned this. But I love yellow. Orange is a close second though.
  • I like frozen custard more than I like ice cream. I don't eat much Ice Cream as it is, but I could easily eat frozen custard every day if I could. And Nelson's Frozen Custard in Bountiful? We are lucky we don't live very close to it. ;-)
  • I hate cold sores. I don't get them too often, but when I do, I am MISERABLE. Because I usually won't get just one, no I get 5 or 6. Which is exactly what I have now. About 6 cold sores on my lips. NO idea where I get them, Sam never gets them. But I HATE them! When I was younger, I had some illness where my entire mouth was covered with cold sores. Inside and out. I couldn't eat, I couldn't talk, I couldn't do anything. I could barely suck stuff through a straw. And as they healed, if I bumped them on ANYTHING, they would start bleeding all over the place. Maybe that is where my hatred for cold sores starts. Either that, or they are just plain awful to begin with. Either way.
Ok, I think I am going to end there for the night. Thanks for reading! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Di said...

It's a good thing children ARE so cute and lovable, because I know what you mean about having more than you can handle...only our kids have terrible 3's...and Lily just hit it. Fun. Only 357 days to go though...then it'll be Cami's turn! Yikes. Oh well, They're worth it