Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Night Confessions

Yeah..thought I stopped didn't ya! A couple of weeks ago, I did a girls night out with my aunts and siblings, and mom. So I didn't get them done then. Then last week I was on vacation and was pretty much AWAY from my computer for 8 days. It was nice. So here we go:
  • I was on vacation. I LOVE vacations. Even short little ones. They are fun for me, and they are a chance to get away from day to day life. I did something that I thought I wouldn't be able to do, which was put away my computer and my phone for a few days, and not do anything with them except take pictures, load pictures, and touch base so people knew where we were. Which is a HUGE accomplishment for me. I can see how much I don't need all these things in my life. So I am going to slowly start to pull away from them, and LIVE life. Hopefully I can. ;-)
  • I had fun acting silly with Sam and Bubba. We had 2 LONG days of driving. And I found we would do just about anything to entertain a 1.5 year old! Even if it was doing "Hi, my name is Joe, I work in a button factory" over and over and over again. But it made Bubba laugh, it made Sam laugh, and it made other drivers look at us and speed up to get away. :P
  • I love Oregon and the Beach. I want to live there.
  • I also watched many bugs die on our windshield. Poor bugs. But what the heck are they flying into the windshield for!
  • Bubba turns 18 months next week. What does this mean? NURSERY!! I can't tell you how excited I am to even THINK about sitting through a Relief Society or Sunday School lesson. And hey, I might actually learn something from it.
  • There are so many things that I want to do, but I have no motivation to do it. I am currently trying to get my act together to train to run a marathon next year. Can I do it? I hope so! It is all in the name of adoption, and what better way to be able to overcome something that will be hard for me. I just need to find a way to run on a treadmill during the winter. Haha.
  • We got to spend a few days with Crystal this last week, and can I just say that I love her to death? She is seriously an amazing woman. I loved watching how she would interact with Bubba, and how he would interact with her. I feel so blessed to be able to have her as part of our lives. And we have met so many wonderful people who have accepted us into their lives. We feel like we have a whole other family with them. It's amazing. But we love Crystal to death, and hope our relationship continues to grow. Now to get more pictures to her. ;-)
  • I am such a slacker. I admit it. I try to take the easy way out on too many things. I really need to work on this.
Ok, I think that is enough for tonight. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Hey Tara:) I found your blog, hope you don't mind if i stalk you:)