Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Crystal's Visit

This is like a month late, but I need to post a lot of things, so you might be getting a lot of posts from me the next few days.

Back in December, Crystal came to visit with us! We were so excited to get to spend some time with her again, and to have her see Bubba again. For those of you who don't know, Crystal is our birthmother. She is an AMAZING woman. It all started on Tuesday when we went to go pick her up from the airport. Sam didn't get home from work until 1/2 an hour later then he was supposed to, so we were about 1/2 hour late to the airport! We felt SOOO bad! So she was waiting for us, and we finally arrived.
(on our way to the airport)

This is how much we filled our car for on our way up. Haha



We took her to Temple Square and met with Sam's mom and brother. We walked around Temple Square in the FREEZING cold weather. They have really skimmed down on the lights this year. There weren't as many lights. Kind of sad, because it used to be GORGEOUS with lights. Now it is still pretty, but less lights. We then went out to eat at Burger King, and then headed out to my parents house. It was my brothers birthday so we had to make an appearance. This is where Crystal really started thinking we were weird. Have you ever heard of the HaHa game? Yeah, that's all I'm going to say about that. I was laughing so hard I ws crying! And Crystal was probably thinking "what have I gotten myself into?!" Lol, hopefully we didn't scare her too bad.

Sam's mom with Bubba at JS Building.

(back view of Crystal and Sam)


We then started on the long drive home. We made it home late and went to sleep. Woke up the next morning, to Mell being sicker than sick! So Wednesday we spent the day taking care of Mell's kids and taking care of her. Thursday, we thought we had better make her day a good one since it was her last one here. So we went shopping! Melanie, Crystal, Hunter and I all went to Orem and hit the malls. We finished all of our Christmas Shopping, and just hung out and had fun! We didn't get home until late, and we had to be up to the airport at 6:30 in the morning. So we would have to leave here about 5 in the morning. So we decided to pull an all nighter. That's right, I didn't go to sleep at all that night! Drove Crystal to the airport and took her in. It was sad to see her leave! And she barely made it home before they started canceling flights. Phew! Luckily she had it shceduled that early in the morning. I then headed out to my parents house and tried to sleep, but Bubba decided that he was ready to get up for the day! Akk! Luckily my wonderful family helped me so I could get a couple hours of sleep.
So that takes care of the week before Christmas. My next post will be the week OF Christmas. Hopefully I will get it up later today or tonight! Enjoy!

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Looks like a good visit

Crystal said...

I already knew u guys were odd b4 meeting ur family. :D I tons of fun.