Saturday, January 5, 2008

Snow?

Ok, so we live in Utah. There was this great big storm that was just going to POUND us! It is the storm that was going over California, and knocked out power to 1 million people. CRAZY! So here, we are told to prepare for it, and to be ready. Valleys are going to be getting almost a foot of snow in just a day or two. How exciting! Maybe we will get a snow day!!! Well....let me tell you what we got..


RAIN!!!

That's right. We had rain. Out of everyone in the state, Cache Valley gets RAIN! Are you kidding me? Aren't we supposed to be colder, and snowier? (not sure if that is a word...) But not only that, but the rain MELTED most of our snow! I've heard Salt Lake got a few inches of snow, my parents got a couple of inches, but COME ON! What happened to my snow day? Hrumph.

But there is a good thing about it, and I guess I should point it out, so I am not THAT negative about it. :-) We get more moisture for our summers! So that is a good point about it. It is supposed to continue to storm until Thursday about, so hopefully we will get SOME snow out of it...it is January after all....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's so funny you got rain! All prepared for this horrible, cold, snowy mess and it just rains! Although really, I like rain because I don't have to shovel the walks! That's pretty funny though!