Monday, January 28, 2008

He will be missed...

I was so sad to hear about President Hinckley's death. I was heartbroken. I seariously felt like I had lost a family member. I cried. I had the thoughts "Well what do we do now?" And even though he was a GREAT man, the church still goes on. The gospel is not based on a single person. He did his job here, and succeded with flying colors! We have lost a wonderful, caring, kind, passionate, faithful, devoted man. And not just our Prophet, but a great man in general. But, he has graduated! Oh the reunion he must of had! As someone I know put it. "He has all his relatives on one side, all previous Prophets on the other side, and at the and of that row were Heavenly Father, Jesus, and his wife. Just waiting to welcome him home." Oh the joy that he must have had to see his beloved eternal companion again! This takes away some of the sadness that I feel. I hope to always remember him, and his great service to this world! He will be missed...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

As you said, I can't believe how overjoyed he must have been to see his wife again...I know he missed her so much after she passed away. And he lived such a full life...I still can't believe how full of his faculties he was at the end...and he was so whitty...I also loved when he "knighted" Pres Eyering :)