Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Night Confessions

Yes, I know I have not done these the last couple of weeks. I give you permission to beat me. No..not you. But you, over there, in the...oh wait. Nevermind.
Here we go.
  • The other day at work, my vision went funny. In one eye, it went somewhat blurry, but only in part of the eye. So I could see fine through some of it, but it had some blurry/funny looking patches going through my eye. And it really kind of worried me. It lasted about 1.5 to 2 hours. I think it was from the migraine I had the night before, but I'm not sure. I played around with my contact to make sure that wasn't it, and it wasn't. Afterwards, my eye just kind of throbbed a little bit. I need to get to an eye doctor and have my eyes checked out again. But it kind of has me freaked out a little bit.
  • I am NOT a good working mom. I hate going to work. I feel like I waited so long for Bubba to come to our family, that I don't want to miss out on anything that he is going through. I want to be here for him. There are a lot of moms out there that like the chance to work, because it gives them some time away, to socialize with other adults and everything. And while that is nice, at my work we are so busy that I don't talk to anyone else there. And I really would rather just be at home with Bubba. I'm glad it's only a few more weeks.
  • I can not believe that Christmas is only 2 weeks away. I really can't believe that we are half way through the month. And we are almost to 2010. Has it really been 10 years since it turned 2000? I can't believe it. Time is going by to fast.
  • I watched Dr. Phil today and was almost disgusted by it. I never watch Dr. Phil, but they didn't portray adoption as it should be portrayed. They portrayed a very negative side of it. Yes, not every adoption story is a full box of sunshine, but why focus on just the bad and the ugly? Why not show some that are great? Isn't that a large portion of adoptions? Maybe I am naive, but I really think they could have done better. And I will go back to not watching Dr Phil. My life is better without it.
  • I have a virtual fishtank. I have it on facebook. Bubba checks his fish every day, we feed them, sell them, and buy new ones. It is all done very quickly, and if any die I can click them away without Bubba seeing them. He likes the fish, and will come over saying "fishy" as he tries to see them. That and they are just kind of fun. :-)
Ok, I think I am going to go to bed now. Enjoy. :-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun idea with the virtual fish tank and H! Being a working mom is hard. There are some things I liked about it, but overall I didn't enjoy missing out on so much time with Nathan. At least the end is in sight! Hopefully you can enjoy some of the good sides of a break, since it is so short! Good luck on that one.

Lastly, I had to say something about the Dr. Phil thing. Seriously that is how I am starting to feel about TV in general. There are certain things I agree with or I'll really like a show and then they'll say, do, show something that is SO completely against what I believe and feel that it really bugs me. It makes me just want to shut the TV off entirely because you never know what random crap they are going to shove into your brain and you have no control over what they will do, only what you let in by watching. Too bad that TV is relaxing and it's hard to not turn it on at all. haha ;) Sorry for the rant!

Curtis & Elise said...

Just go completely without TV, like me. In the past almost 7 years, I've had it for a sum total of 2 months. Life is great.

As for the weird vision, it sounds like a migraine "aura". I get them about 20 minutes before the start of a migraine and if I take drugs while it's happening, I'll never get the migraine. (not that I get them that often) Maybe you get them a day after the fact. They kinda suck (except for the warning they give me), screwing up your vision just to tell you you had a migraine yesterday isn't worth it. :)