Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Independence Day

I just LOVE the 4th of July. It is one of my all time favorite holidays! The food, the fireworks, the friends and family, EVERYTHING!! We try to do whatever we can on the 4th, and this year was NO different! And it was so fun to see all of Bubba's reactions! We will start with a play by play of the days...

We started our traveling on Thursday. All we really did that day, was drive up to Kaysville. Then we just relaxed the rest of Thursday and hung out with my family. We helped get everything ready for Friday. Yay!

Friday- We wake up and get ready for the parade. Now..Kaysville has always had a fun parade. There is the candy throwing, the fly-by of F-22 jets, the fire engines, and of course at the end of the parade, the water parade. Bubba actually slept through the loudest part of the parade, which included the jets, the marching band, the fire engines...and he woke up about half way through because it got quiet for a minute. Silly boy. My parents are part of the C.E.R.T. (I guess not really part..they kind of run it in Kaysville..) group and so they were out patrolling the parade, and there was some excitement for them, but they didn't get to sit with us. Chris, Tabitha, DK, Kaleigh, Tanielle, Sam, Bubba, and I were all there on our blankets. We got some candy, some beaded necklaces, and a stuffed animal for bubba. So it was a lot of fun.

After the parade, we took some pictures of Bubba with a clown (who was actually a firefighter) and also some pictures of him on the firetrucks. So that was fun. Then we went home and just kind of chilled for the afternoon to prepare ourselves for the fireworks. I decided not to take my camera to the fireworks, because I wanted to focus completely on bubba and Sam, since it was our first 4th of July as a little family.

In this next picture, you can see how little itty bitty he is next to a HUGE firetruck!!


So we head over to the firworks around 8 and we sat on our blankets up on the hill. We just hung out, and about 9:30 bubba decided to fall asleep. Now...this was a big fear of mine. Whenever we would go to fireworks, I would hear some baby start screaming as soon as the fireworks started and I always thought to myself, "poor soul". Yeah..not the smartest thing to think. I was sure that bubba was going to start SCREAMING when they went off. So when he went to sleep at 9:30, I thought he would just sleep through them like he did the beginning part of the parade! Well...about 5 minutes before the fireworks started he woke up. GREAT. Well, Sam decided to hold him and we had a bottle ready because he would be getting hungry shortly. Fireworks started, and Bubba just stared at them. Whenever they would get loud, he would just sit and watch and blink his eyes. It was pretty funny. We fed him while we watched, and that is all he did. Was watch. Yee-haw! I was proud! We then went home and went to bed. Ahh..

Saturday- We headed up to Logan. My good friend and fellow photographer Liz was shooting a couple of weddings at 36 weeks pregnant! So I was a back up shooter just in case she decided to go early! Which we thought for sure she would! The weddings went fine, and they were gorgeous up Logan canyon. We then stopped along Main Street and watched part of Cache Valley's Cruise In Parade. There were some AWESOME cars!! So that was fun. We then headed over to our good friends Greg and Nancy's house. It was SO good to see them again! We got to sit and chill with them for a little bit and talk. Nancy is SO cute with bubba, and he seemed to just love her! So we had a lot of fun with them. We then headed up to my grandparents for the night. Ahh...more sleep!

Sunday- We woke up and got ready for the day. We headed up Logan Canyon again to take Liz's maternity pictures, which I am proud to say they turned out well! Which makes me happy, because it was the first one I got to shoot!! Once she has her baby, hopefully I can make it back up there to take newborn pictures too! After that, we went and got the last little bit of church with my grandparents. We then ate dinner with them, and went over to see Sam's dad. After which we set on the road again and made it back down to Kaysville. We watched the movie Fool's Gold, and we did fireworks with my family. Bubba didn't do as well with these ones. He screamed once the first loud one went off!! After that, he seemed to calm down, but was so tired..he just wanted to sleep! After the fireworks and the movie...we went to bed.

Monday- We headed back home. We made a stop in Provo for a meeting, and made it home for dinner, and Bunco! Melanie and I are part of a Bunco group where we meet every month to play. It is a lot of fun! I also won a prize!! A slushie maker. I won it for having the lowest score. Haha!!

Anyway, so that was our weekend. Whew..that is a LONG post!! Sorry about that!! Hopefully I can update more often. I still have a couple of things to blog about from like 2 weeks ago!! Yikes! So here is this. Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! It was so fun to see the three of you. I think you need to move back to Logan! :)Nancy

Jess said...

My parents used to be part of Kaysville CERT! I'll bet they know your parents then...

Michelle said...

Yay so fun! Sounds like you had a fun, but busy 4th of July weekend! I love that Hunter was SO good during the first set of fireworks! Impressive! He's such a cutie!

Lisa said...

Cute pics! Looks like fun!